Having a medical procedure is a serious event, so we want you to be as well prepared for it as possible. That’s why we want you to follow these simple steps before your procedure:
- You must arrange for a responsible adult to drive you home after your discharge from the Surgery Center. Arrange for a responsible adult to be with you during the first 24 hours after your procedure for your protection and safety. You will be given written instructions for your care at home before leaving the Surgery Center.
- If there is any change in your physical condition, such as a cold, fever, or antibiotic prescription, please notify your doctor immediately.
- Do not eat or drink anything, including water or gum, after midnight the night before your procedure unless otherwise instructed. Refrain from smoking the night before your procedure. If directed to do so during your pre-operative phone call, take your regular medications with one small sip of water. You may brush your teeth, but do not swallow any water.
- As a courtesy to our patients and their families, please do not have any children under age 13 years in the waiting room during your procedure. You may have up to 2 adults in the pre-op and recovery room. Children are also not allowed in the pre-op or recovery room.
- You can expect a Surgery Center nurse to call you one to two days prior to your procedure. If you did not speak to a Surgery Center nurse by the day before your procedure, or if you have any questions, please call us at 308-630-2840.
Your scheduled procedure time is an estimate only. We will make every attempt to meet this estimated appointment time. However, due to the individualized nature of healthcare, schedule variations may occur. Please make sure that we have a phone number where you can be reached on the day of your procedure.