Effective weight loss is more than just dropping pounds as quickly as possible. In addition to losing weight safely, it’s important to establish healthy habits that lead to improved long-term overall health and quality of life.
Our comprehensive approach to weight management helps patients set goals, identify roadblocks, and achieve long-term success. As a medical disease that occurs when a person’s body accumulates and stores excessive amounts of body fat, obesity can decrease your lifespan and is associated with many other medical problems, including: cancer, type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and depression.
At the Comprehensive Weight Management clinic, we provide compassionate care while working with you to lose weight and maintain the loss. Guided by your specific objectives, our team is committed to tailoring a program around your individual needs and challenges.
You may benefit from the Comprehensive Weight Management program if you:
- Are interested in managing your weight with medical help
- Are overweight but have never tried losing weight before
- Have struggled to lose weight in the past
- Are a post-bariatric surgery patient who wants help with weight maintenance
Your first visit with us includes:
- A comprehensive assessment where we will talk about your health journey and work to better understand your “why”
- Discussing the health benefits of modest weight loss and long-term strategies to keep weight off, and reviewing the five components of comprehensive weight management
- Identifying and creating a plan that will work for you
The five components of comprehensive weight management include:
- Nutrition education and planning
- Physical activity
- Behavior therapy
- Anti-obesity medication
- Surgical options
To schedule an appointment with a Comprehensive Weight Management provider, call Regional West Physicians Clinic-Family Medicine, Scottsbluff at 308-630-2100 and request a weight management appointment. Physician referrals are not required.