Medical Plaza North
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(by appointment only)
Our Anticoagulation Clinic (you may hear it referred to as the AC) is a service designed to help patients safely manage their anticoagulation medications on an outpatient basis. Our goal is to help you receive the greatest benefit from your anticoagulation medication while reducing the potential risks associated with it.
Each appointment at the Anticoagulation Clinic includes:
- A review of your medical history, current medications, and any health changes.
- A quick and accurate point-of-care finger-stick blood test to check your INR level. Your results will be available within 15 to 30 seconds.
- A review of your test results and medication dosage adjustment, if needed.
- Patient education.
- Refilling your anticoagulation medication.
- Scheduling your next appointment.
You will not see your primary care provider during your Anticoagulation Clinic visit, but test results and medications changes will always be available to him or her.
The Anticoagulation Clinic is classified as an outpatient hospital service. Medicare, Medicaid, and private health insurance usually provide coverage for these services. Keep in mind that the terms of your policy will apply, including coinsurance or deductible requirements.