Life can change in a second. We are here to help.
Hospitalization often creates stress for both patients and their families. Simply trying to understand the medical terminology used can be difficult and frustrating. Regional West Medical Center recognizes that addressing these stress factors is critical during a patient’s healing process.
Our Case Management team consists of two key disciplines: the social work staff and RN case managers. Together they work diligently to improve the health of our patients through advocacy, communication, discharge planning, insurance coordination, and ongoing education.
Regional West Medical Center Case Management cares for your health and well-being. We pledge to provide the finest personalized health services in partnership with those entrusted in our care. We believe our future is the promotion of wellness, innovation, education, and leadership.
We are here for our patients and their families. Please call Case Management at 308-630-1329 if you need guidance or more information.
Social work staff
Regional West’s social work staff is available to assist patients and their families in a variety of ways, including but not limited to:
- Emotional support to both patients and families
- Confidential referrals to outside agencies
- Transfer coordination to post-hospital facilities
- Support in coping with grief and loss
In addition, the social work staff helps ease patients’ transition to post-hospital care through careful planning and assessment. We can assist with referral and linkage for the following services:
- Home Care options
- Specialized durable medical equipment
- Nursing home arrangements and coordination
- Options for in-home assistance and support
- Education/coordination on available community resources
RN case managers
Specially-trained RN case managers are available in every unit at Regional West Medical Center. Their responsibilities include:
- Reviewing all current patient records for medical admission criteria, continued stay necessity, and supporting documentation
- Communicating with insurance providers to secure initial and ongoing authorizations
- Confirming benefit options for needed post-hospital services ordered by the patient’s physician
- Educating patients on benefits and their rights under Medicare