Regional West Medical Center recognizes the vital role spiritual support plays in exceptional healthcare. Our chaplain offers a nondenominational ministry that is available to you and your loved ones during your time in the hospital.
Pastoral care is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and after hours in urgent or emergency situations.
- Pastoral Care
- Pastoral care is a courtesy service that provides pastoral support and spiritual care for the patients, families, and staff of Regional West. Our goal is to enable people to more fully utilize their own religious faith and/or spiritual beliefs as a resource for coping with illness. Our chaplain routinely visits each hospital unit and is available to visit, offer prayer, share scripture, or offer a listening ear to those requesting pastoral/spiritual support. Patients or families desiring a chaplain visit are encouraged to contact their nurse. The chaplain is also available to assist with contacting the community minister of your choice.
- Our chapel is located on the hospital’s first floor near the main elevators and provides a comforting welcome to our patients, visitors, and staff. The chapel is open 24 hours a day. Everyone, regardless of religious affiliation, is welcome to visit the chapel to pray, meditate, or have a quiet moment.
- Professional Consultation
- The chaplain is available for consultation concerning spiritual issues in patient care. This service is offered to physicians, nursing staff, clergy, and other professionals responsible for patient care. Referrals for spiritual care are especially welcome. Persons requesting pastoral care for a patient may be assured of a timely, professional, and confidential response.
- Regional West's pastoral care service sponsors educational opportunities for local clergy, hospital staff, and other interested persons.