Job Shadowing at Regional West
Thank you for your interest in Regional West! Whether you’re a high school student, college student, or an individual exploring a second career, we welcome your interest in exploring a health care career.
Our job shadowing program is designed to give you the opportunity to:
- Observe the daily routines of our extraordinary professionals as they perform their jobs
- Explore health care career options
- Increase awareness of the required skill sets
- Experience our health care culture
Once your application and forms have been received, a member of our team will contact you within 10 business days to discuss the specifics of the job shadow experience. We will help you coordinate your job shadowing opportunity.
To participate in Regional West’s job shadowing program, please open and complete this form. We encourage you to print it as well for your records.
Please note, job shadow candidates must be over 18 years of age to participate.
In addition, you will need to complete mandatory HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) Training. This training video and test is located at: http://www.nnahec.org/shadowing-presentation. The training and documents above are good for one year following completion.
IF you are under 19 years of age, your parent or legal guardian must sign the forms.
*You will not be able to job shadow until all items above are completed.*
Please prepare for a two to three week wait for scheduling an opportunity to shadow at Regional West.
Working or shadowing in a hospital requires health care workers to be current on many vaccinations. Immunizations are required for the protection of the health care worker and our patients. As you proceed with a career in health care, it will be important to keep a file of your immunization records. Schools and health care employers will require this information. All job shadowing candidates on the hospital campus and clinics will be required to complete paperwork attesting to the current status of the following immunizations:
- COVID-19: 10 days after the second shot in the two shot series or 28 days following the single shot series (this requirement may vary based on the incidence of COVID-19 cases in the region and state).
- Influenza or flu shot (Sept. 1 through April 30 (These dates may vary based on the incidence of influenza cases in the region and state)
- DPT/TDaP (Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus)
- Hepatitis B
- Inactivated Poliovirus (Polio Vaccine)
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
For questions related to job shadowing, please contact Linda Alfred, Recruitment Assistant, at email@example.com or 308-630-1490.