Your experience at the Scottsbluff Surgery Center will go much more smoothly if you follow these steps on the day of your procedure:
- Bring your insurance card and any special insurance claim forms that your insurance plan requires.
- Bring all of the following items if you have them:
- Reports of any lab studies done within the past week.
- Reports, films or CDs of any chest x-ray or electrocardiogram (EKG) done within the past six months.
- Arrive at the time given to you during your pre-operative phone call.
- Before leaving home, remove all make-up, nail polish and hairpieces.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing such as a sweat suit or an easy button shirt or blouse. This is important in the event that bandages are required after your procedure.
- Leave valuables at home, including all jewelry.
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses, bring your eyewear case for their safekeeping during your procedure. If you have any removable dentures or bridgework, we will give you containers so those pieces can be safely stored during your procedure.
- If you are a legal guardian for a Surgery Center patient who is 18 years of age or younger, you must accompany the minor. You must remain at the Surgery Center until the child's discharge.
- You, the patient, must sign a consent form on the day of the procedure if the form was not signed in advance. If the patient is 18 years of age or younger, a parent or legal guardian must sign the form.
- If your child is having surgery, please feel free to bring his or her favorite comforting toy or blanket. Also, bring his or her bottle or sippy cup with preferred drink for when they are waking up.