Medical Plaza South
From the moment patients first enter the Cancer Treatment Center, Regional West's staff and physicians help them face their disease with confidence and determination, providing support every step of the way.
The first step to diagnosing cancer includes a comprehensive clinical evaluation using a wide range of diagnostic tools, which may include laboratory tests, X-ray exams and a biopsy of the suspected abnormality. The clinical evaluation may also require the use of advanced diagnostic tools to determine the origin and extent of the disease.
After reviewing the diagnostic results, the center's cancer specialists can pinpoint the extent of the cancer and suggest appropriate treatment options.
- Radiation Therapy: The Radiation Oncology Department at Regional West Medical Center offers a comprehensive list of treatment options for a wide variety of cancer diagnosis. We offer CT Simulation, 3D Conformal and Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) treatment design, along with Image Guidance capabilities. We offer High Dose Rate Brachytherapy (HDR) services for breast and gynecological malignancies. We also offer Low Dose Rate Brachytherapy (LDR) through our prostate seed implant program. The Radiation Oncology department provides outstanding individualized care from a highly trained and specialized multidisciplinary treatment team, with one goal: “To treat the whole person, personally.”
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) is an advanced mode of high-precision radiotherapy that utilizes computer-controlled X-ray accelerators to deliver precise radiation doses to a malignant tumor or specific areas within the tumor.
- Partial Breast Brachytherapy: We offer Partial Breast Brachytherapy for breast cancer treatment. Brachytherapy is an advance radiation cancer treatment that involves placing a source of radiation directly into a tumor or surrounding tissues. It allows a physician to use a higher dose of radiation and treat a smaller area (tumor) in a shorter amount of time than external radiation.
- Surgery is frequently used in combination with other forms of cancer treatment. For optimum results, our surgeons use a team approach and actively work with radiologists, pathologists, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists while utilizing the latest surgical techniques.
- Chemotherapy treatment utilizes anti-cancer drugs designed to interfere with cancer cell growth and reproduction. It is often used in conjunction with surgery and/or radiation treatment. Administered in the offices of Regional West Physicians Clinic-Oncology or on an inpatient basis, chemotherapy treatments are supervised by highly trained oncology nurses and supported by physicians and staff. Please read our Chemotherapy Education Packet for more information about treatment.