At Regional West, committed volunteers have been a proud part of our heritage for over 70 years. Our volunteers come from all corners of the community and represent a variety of professions, age groups, and physical abilities, as well as ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Regional West offers a wide variety of opportunities for those wishing to volunteer their time and talents. We offer both clinical and service-focused opportunities. Some of our volunteers use their creative abilities and make Pediatric Pals for pediatric patients, sew lap robes, or knit baby blankets. Volunteers help in the following areas:
- Information desks
- Mail and flower delivery
- The Gift Shop
- Immunization Clinic
- Breast Health Center
- Birth and Infant Care Center
- Occupational Health
- Emergency Department
- Transfer Center
Why should I volunteer?
The Volunteers & Friends of Regional West organization is dedicated to furthering the education of future healthcare professionals in the region. The group annually funds scholarships for students enrolled at Western Nebraska Community College, the University of Nebraska Medical Center, and Regional West's Radiologic Technology.
Recently, Volunteers & Friends donated $7,500 toward wheelchairs for the Emergency Department.
Proceeds from The Gift Shop and The Emporium Express contribute to the success of the volunteers’ efforts.
Being a volunteer
- The role of the volunteer is to be of support to families, patients, and employees, but not to replace employees.
- Volunteers are bound by the same code of ethics and confidentiality as paid employees and are also required to take the same annual education modules.
- Before volunteering at Regional West, volunteers are required to go through a volunteer orientation, which covers all codes and policies.
- Volunteers need to be at least 14 years old and willing to take a short orientation course.
- Volunteers must have a tuberculosis (TB) test, background check, flu shot (during flu season), and COVID-19 vaccination.
- All of these are provided by the hospital at no cost to the volunteer.
If you would like to volunteer, fill out an application form.
Would you like more information about how to become a Regional West volunteer? Fill out the form below and someone will be in contact with you shortly.