As the region’s only tertiary referral medical center, Regional West offers care that spans more than 32 medical specialties provided by over 28 physician clinics. With nearly 300 providers in our network, and approximately 2,000 staff members, Regional West provides comprehensive and innovative health care services for the people of western Nebraska and the neighboring states of Colorado, South Dakota, and Wyoming.
Regional West Health Services in Scottsbluff, Neb. Includes Regional West Medical Center, a 188-bed regional referral center and the only Level II Trauma Center in Nebraska west of Kearney, and other hospitals and health system affiliates, including a residential care facility and an insurance company. The trauma program includes Air Link air ambulance services, which is fully accredited by The Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS).
Regional West Health Services includes
- Regional West Medical Center—188-bed regional referral center and a Level II Trauma Center
- Regional West Physicians Clinic—Western Nebraska's and central eastern Wyoming's largest multispecialty medical and surgical group.
- Regional West Garden County, Oshkosh—A 10-bed acute care hospital, health care clinic, and 40-bed intermediate care facility that serves residents in the southeastern Nebraska panhandle region.
- Regional West Laboratory Services—Offers a full range of laboratory services 24/7, including reference laboratory services, to health care providers throughout Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, Iowa and Idaho. It is accredited by the Commission on Laboratory Accreditation of the College of American Pathologists (CAP).
- Regional Care, Inc. (RCI)—Based in Scottsbluff, RCI is one of the nation's premier independent third-party administrators; providing cost, medical, and claims management for clients throughout the United States.
- The Village at Regional West—A full-service retirement community located adjacent to Regional West Medical Center and offering both independent and assisted living apartments for persons age 55-plus with 100 units for residents.
- Regional West Foundation—A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization developed to enhance the services, programs, and projects of Regional West Health Services through donations, planned giving and fundraising efforts.
Regional West is an active leader in the Rural Nebraska Healthcare Network (RNHN) and supports the following Critical Access Hospitals in Nebraska:
- Regional West Garden County—Oshkosh
- Chadron Community Hospital—Chadron
- Gordon Memorial Health Services—Gordon
- Kimball Health Services—Kimball
- Box Butte General Hospital—Alliance
- Morrill County Community Hospital—Bridgeport
- Perkins County Health Services—Grant
- Sidney Regional Medical Center—Sidney
Award Winning Care
- The Joint Commission—Full accreditation by the Joint Commission demonstrates our commitment to providing the very best for our patients–quality, safety, and innovation.
- The Chartis Center for Rural Health/iVantage Health Analytics and the National Organization of State Office of Rural Health (NOSORH) recognized Regional West Medical Center for overall excellence in outcomes, reflecting top quartile performance among all rural hospitals in the nation.
- Healthgrades—Regional West Medical Center is a five-star recipient for Treatment of Stroke and Treatment of Respiratory Failure for the third consecutive year, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals.
- Regional West Medical Center has received the Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke SILVER PLUS Achievement Award by The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association
- Regional West is a Vizient 2018 Top Performer for Performance Solutions Excellence among their community-based hospital members. Regional West was one of five member hospitals chosen nationally for its outstanding work focused on enhancing operational efficiency and aligning clinical care delivery to achieve documented cost savings over the course of 2017.
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence—Regional West is a designated Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, making our medical center one of two Nebraska hospitals to be so recognized.
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)—Regional West’s Acute Rehabilitation Unit and Stroke Care program are both certified by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
- AACVPR Certified—Regional West’s AACVPR certified cardiovascular rehabilitation program is recognized as a leader in the field of cardiovascular rehabilitation by offering the most advanced practices available.
- University of Colorado Cancer Center
- University of Colorado Health—Denver, Colo.
- Poudre Valley Health System (Medical Center of the Rockies)—Fort Collins, Colo.
- HealthOne—Denver, Colo.
- University of Nebraska Medical Center—Omaha, Neb.
- Mountain States Health Care Reciprocal Risk Retention Group
- VHA – Voluntary Hospitals of America—MidAmerica
- Nebraska Health Information Initiative (NeHII)
- Western Nebraska Community College—Scottsbluff, Neb
- Mayo Clinic-Mayo Medical Laboratories
- ARUP Laboratories