Medical Plaza North
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Regional West’s Wound/Ostomy Clinic has treated the region’s wound patients since 2009 and is dedicated to providing superior care for patients with a variety of wounds. Following a thorough diagnostic appraisal of the wound, our Wound Clinic physicians and nursing staff develop a case management program customized for each patient, and manage subsequent wound treatment. The patient’s primary care provider partners with the team in providing care related to wound treatment, including pain management, blood pressure, etc.
New patients are seen mainly on Tuesdays, and follow-up visits are scheduled as needed with the appropriate physician. Referrals are required.
Referred conditions include, but are not limited to:
Diabetic foot ulcers
Chronic non-healing wounds
Venous stasis ulcers
- Wound vac dressing changes
Services offered include:
- Education and recommendations for dressings
- Conservative sharp wound debridement
- Nutrition education and its impact on wound healing
- Education on how blood sugars can affect wound healing
- Specialized wraps and stockings to promote wound healing and swelling management
- Treatment with advanced wound care products
- Total contact casts
- Wound vac therapy management
- Management of topical medications used to treat wounds
- Specialized training related to colostomy, ileostomy, and urostomy
- Peri-skin tube site management
- Management of skin damage related to moisture
Note: For our patients’ safety during scheduled appointments, nursing home residents must be accompanied by a staff or family member. If the resident is not accompanied, then the appointment will be rescheduled for a time when someone is available to attend the appointment with him/her.
Click here to read more!