4023 Avenue B
Scottsbluff, NE 69361United States
Your recovery will be faster and better if you follow these steps following your procedure:
- You must have a responsible adult drive you home after your discharge from the Surgery Center and you must have a responsible adult with you during the first 24 hours following your procedure.
- You will remain in the recovery room until your surgeon and anesthesiologist feel you are ready to be discharged. This is generally within one to two hours after the procedure.
- After returning home, be sure to follow your physician or provider's orders regarding diet, rest, activity, and medication.
- It is not unusual to feel drowsy for several hours after your procedure. Do not sign any important papers or make any legal decisions until the feeling of drowsiness is gone.
- Do not drive, smoke, drink alcoholic beverages, operate heavy machinery, or cook until the day after your procedure.
- Keep any bandages dry, clean, and in place until instructed otherwise by your doctor.
- A nurse will call you in the next few days to see how you are and to answer any questions you may have.
- If an emergency should arise after you have been discharged from the Surgery Center, contact your physician or provider, or go to the nearest emergency room.