4022 Avenue B
Scottsbluff, NE 69361United States
Your recovery will be faster and better if you follow these steps following your procedure:
- You must have a responsible adult drive you home after your discharge from the Surgery Center and you must have a responsible adult be with you during the first 24 hours following your procedure.
- You will remain in the recovery room until your surgeon and anesthesiologist feel you are ready to be discharged home. This is generally within one to two hours after the procedure.
- After returning home, be sure to follow your doctor's orders regarding diet, rest, activity and medication.
- It is not unusual to feel drowsy for several hours after your procedure. Do not sign any important papers or make any legal decisions until the feeling of drowsiness is gone.
- Do not drive, smoke, drink alcoholic beverages, operate heavy machinery or cook until the day after your procedure.
- Keep any bandages dry, clean and in place until instructed otherwise by your doctor.
- A nurse will call you the next few days to see how you are and to answer any questions you may have.
- If an emergency should arise after you have been discharged from the Surgery Center, contact your doctor, or go to the nearest emergency room.