Medical Plaza South
The Rehab Center’s physical therapists have advanced training in numerous areas, including:
- Manual therapy
- Sports rehabilitation
- Spinal rehabilitation
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Assistive technology
- Rehabilitation ultrasound imaging for spine rehabilitation
- Wound care
- Our goal is to see each new referral within 24 hours of the initial request.
- Many of our therapists have specialty certifications and our size allows therapists to focus on specific areas of practice. The Rehab Center is the only local clinic with therapists who are specialty certified in the areas of orthopedics, geriatrics, and pediatrics by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties.
- We are the region's only physical therapy clinic with a therapy pool.
- Our testing and rehabilitation equipment is unrivaled in western Nebraska and eastern Wyoming, which allows us to provide comprehensive diagnosis and treatment to our patients. Our equipment includes a Balance Master, isokinetic testing and rehabilitation, and ultrasound imaging for rehabilitation.
- Because we are a full-service rehabilitation clinic, our patients can receive multiple therapies in one visit, and have care coordinated by our therapy professionals. You just have to make one phone call and we’ll take care of the rest.
- The Rehab Center is located in the same building or adjacent to most physician offices so you’re not spending precious time driving all over town to physician and therapy appointments.
What role does a physical therapist play in my care?
A physical therapist (PT) is an expert in movement. The Rehab Center’s physical therapists often work in concert with our occupational therapists and speech/language pathologists to help patients achieve their goals to move better and maximize their function. These goals may range from activities such as being able to get up from a chair, to returning to the basketball court after an injury.
Physical therapists evaluate each patient and determine what problems need to be addressed for the patient to improve and meet his or her goals. Our therapists use a variety of treatments to improve our patients’ conditions, including:
- Therapeutic exercise
- Manual therapy
- Aquatic therapy
- Balance training
Education plays a major role in physical therapy. Patients are provided with information about their specific condition, as well as topics such as posture, body mechanics, and exercise.