The respiratory therapy team at Regional West’s Heart and Lung Center is staffed 24-hours a day for routine respiratory services and offers on-call availability for specialized services.
The Heart and Lung Center’s respiratory therapy division is an active member of the in-house trauma team, the cardiac arrest team, and the Rapid Response team.
Members of the respiratory therapy team all hold national and state registrations and certifications. Our patients are properly assessed and receive the appropriate breathing management to best meet their individual needs.
- Pulmonary function test (PFT) A test that measures lung volume and capacity to determine the presence of lung disease. The service is offered five days per week.
- Stress test A test that evaluates heart rhythm disturbance and the occurrence of heart disease. The service is offered seven days per week.
- Electro-encephalogram (EEG) A test that measures brain waves in order to detect seizure disorder or brain abnormality. The service is offered five days per week.
- Echocardiogram A test that measures the function of the heart and evaluates valves and chambers. The service is offered seven days per week.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG) A test that evaluates heart rhythm changes. The service is offered seven days per week.
- Oxygen therapy This service is offered seven days per week.
- Mechanical ventilation The advanced treatment of lung disease or compromised respiratory status in patients ranging from newborn to adult.