Is your son or daughter interested in the arts?
The Scottsbluff/Gering area abounds in opportunities for your child or teen:
Camp WNACKY (The West Nebraska Arts Center’s Camp for Youth). During a two-week long camp, kids and teens from eight to 18 attend classes in visual and performing arts and creative writing. As a finale, participants present a community play where they are the writers, directors, set designers and actors.
Youth programs We know that kids need time to be kids. But when they want to get involved and stay active, children of all ages can find something of interest in Scottsbluff/Gering.
- Art classes: Contact Jennifer Berge at Steepy Mountain Arts Studio, 308-436-5949.
- Drama classes and theater ensembles.
- The Oregon Trail Children’s Chorus and Platte Valley Children’s Chorus are two select choirs for area fourth through sixth graders. Contact Director Charlotte Browning at 308-635-1363.
- Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
- Two award-winning dance studios: Contact Jacque Hofmeister at The Dance Company, 308-635-8440, or Kathy Tabor or Tiffany Tabor-Mackrill at Tabor Dance Academy, 308-632-2454.
- Perhaps your child loves piano or wants to pursue singing. We will be happy to provide a list of excellent piano and voice teachers who are well known throughout the area.