No smog. No traffic jams. No long commute.
Surrounded by soaring bluffs, pine-filled canyons, and rolling prairie, the Scottsbluff-Gering area offers numerous reasons why over 22,000 people choose to call it home.
Our climate is hard to beat—low humidity, plenty of sunshine, and smog-free fresh air.
- Average days of sunshine per year: 260.
- Average high/low temperature for August 87/55°.
- Average high/low temperature for February 44/16°.
- Average annual snowfall 29.00".
- Average annual rainfall 15.00".
- Average date of first frost: September 28.
- Below average figures for tornado activity at the state and national level.
In April 2022, the unemployment rate in Scotts Bluff County averaged 2.2%, a figure lower than the national average of 3.6%.
- Scottsbluff/Gering: 22,839
- Scotts Bluff County: 34,697
State sales tax 5.5 percent and local sales tax 1.5 percent
- A healthy job market with low unemployment rates.
- Work commutes averaging 10 minutes or less.
- Public and private schools.
- Entertainment options for all ages.
- An active performing and visual arts community.
- Bountiful outdoor recreation opportunities.
- A climate that embraces four distinct seasons.