Scottsbluff and Gering Public Schools
- One early childhood school (Scottsbluff)
- Four city schools and one country elementary school (Scottsbluff).
- Three city schools and one country elementary school (Gering).
- One middle school (Scottsbluff).
- One junior high (Gering).
- Two high schools (one each in Gering and Scottsbluff).
- AA accredited by the North Central Accreditation Association.
- Scottsbluff School District, 3,500 students.
- Gering School District, 1,931 students.
Students at both high schools can take advantage of on-campus and distance college credit courses offered by Western Nebraska Community College in Scottsbluff. Advanced Placement (AP), accelerated, and college level classes are a strong part of the curriculum and both school districts have successful high ability learner programs.
Extracurricular activities abound in the schools with a tradition of exceptionally strong vocal and instrumental music departments; speech/debate programs; and business, marketing, and journalism departments. Academic trips, both nationwide and abroad, are readily available and popular with students.
Educational Service Unit # 13 has partnered with 21 panhandle schools, including Scottsbluff and Gering, to establish a distance learning system. Schools are connected via interactive video conferencing equipment to deliver and receive high school courses, as well as virtual field trips for students and professional development programs for educators.
Both Scottsbluff and Gering Public Schools offer complete programs for students with developmental disabilities. The districts also contract for student services with Educational Service Unit #13, the Office of Human Development, and the Region 1 Behavioral Health Authority.