Please review these Terms of Service (“Terms”, “Terms of Service”) carefully before using the Regional West Connect app (the “Service”) operated by Regional West Health Services (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These terms apply to all visitors, users and other who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the Terms then you may not access the Service.
I. Virtual Care/Telemedicine
Delivering telemedicine services involves the use of electronic communications to enable healthcare providers at different locations to share individual patient medical information for the purpose of improving patient care. Providers may include primary care practitioners, specialist, subspecialist, and/or other allied health care professionals. The information may be used for diagnosis, therapy, follow up and or education, it may include any of the following: Patient medical records, medical images, medical test results, live two way audio and video, and output data from medical devices and sound and video files.
Electronics systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient identification and imaging data and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption.
Responsibility for the patient care should remain with the patient’s local clinician, if you have one, as does the patient’s medical record.
II. Expected Benefits
- Improved access to medical care by enabling a patient to remain in his/her local healthcare site (i.e. home, local hospital) while the physician consults and obtain his test results at distant/other sites.
- More efficient medical evaluation and management.
- Obtaining expertise of a specialist without extensive travel
III. Possible Risks
As with any medical procedure, there are potential risks associated with use of telemedicine. These risks include, but may not be limited to:
- In rare cases the consultant may determine that the transmit information is of in adequate quality, thus necessitating a face-to-face meeting with the patient, or at least a rescheduled video consult;
- Delays in medical evaluation and treatment could occur due to deficiencies or failure of the equipment;
- In very rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal medical information;
- In rare cases, a lack of access to complete medical records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions are other judgment errors. By checking the box associated with “Terms of Service” , you acknowledge that you understand and agree with the following:
- I understand the laws that provide protect privacy in the confidentiality of medical information also apply to telemedicine and that no information obtained in the use of telemedicine, which identifies me, will be as close to researchers or other entities without my consent.
- I understand that I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent to the use of telemedicine in the course of my care at any time, without affecting my right to future care or treatment.
- I understand the alternatives to telemedicine consultation as they have been explained to me, and in choosing to participate in a telemedicine consultation, I understand that some parts of the exam involved in physical tests may be conducted by individuals at my location, or at a testing facility, at the direction of the consulting healthcare provider.
- I understand telemedicine may involve electronic communication of my personal medical information to other medical practitioners who may be located in other areas, including out of state.
- I understand that I may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of telemedicine in my care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
- I understand that my healthcare information may be shared with other individuals for scheduling and billing purposes. Others may also be present during the consultation other than my healthcare provider and consulting healthcare provider in order to operate the video equipment. The above mentioned people all maintain confidentiality of the information obtained. I further understand that I will be informed of their presence in a consultation and thus will have the right to request the following: (1) omit specific details of my medical history or physical examination that are personally sensitive to me, (2) ask non-medical personnel to leave the telemedicine exam room; and or (3) terminate the consultation at any time.
IV. Payment Authorization
By providing a credit card or other payment method accepted by Regional West Connect (“Payment Method”), you are expressly agreeing that we are authorized to charge to the Payment Method any fees for your use of the Services, together with any applicable taxes. Please note that if covered by other than Regional Care Incorporated as a Regional West Health Services benefited employee, Regional West Connect does not receive complete information regarding your health insurance plan, and you elect to be seen as self-pay, thereby waiving health plan claim submissions.
You agree that authorizations to charge your Payment method remains in effect until you cancel it in writing, and you agree to notify Regional West Connect of any changes to your Payment Method. You certify that you are an authorized used of the Payment Method and will not dispute charges for the Services that correspond to consultation fees or the co-payment required by your health plan. You acknle3dge that the origination of the ACH transactions to your account must comply with applicable provisions of US law. In the case of an ACH transaction rejected for insufficient funds, Regional West Connect may at its discretion attempt to process the charge again at any time within 30 days.
V. Patient consent to the use of telemedicine
I have read and understand the information provided above regarding telemedicine, have discussed it with my physician or such assistants as may be designated, and all of my questions have been answered to my satisfaction.
I have read this document carefully, and understand the risks and benefits of the teleconferencing consultation and have had my questions regarding the procedure explained and I hereby give my informed consent to participate in a telemedicine visit under the terms described herein.
These Terms of Service govern your use of this site only and do not govern your use of other services at Regional West Health Services.
We reserve the right to change these Terms of Service or to impose new conditions on use of the site, from time to time, in which case we will post the revised terms of service on the site and update the “Last updated” date to reflect the date of the changes. By continuing to use the Site after we post any such changes, you accept the terms of service, as modified. We also reserve the right to deny access to the Site or any features of the Site to anyone who violates these Terms of Service or who, in our sole judgment, interferes with the ability of others to enjoy the Site or infringes on the rights of others.