Gordon Memorial Hospital Appoints Interim CEO
GORDON, Neb., – The Gordon Memorial Hospital Board of Directors announced today that James B. McHugh, MHA, will serve as the interim chief executive officer of Gordon Memorial Hospital. McHugh will assume the role formerly held by Debbie Klesack, who has completed her assignment as interim CEO.
“We know Jim will do a wonderful job for us during our search for a permanent CEO for Gordon Memorial Hospital,” Rick Burleigh, Gordon Memorial Board president, said. “His expertise in the area of health care management will serve our community well.” Burleigh went on to praise Gordon Memorials current leadership, which include supervisors and department heads:
· Tony Hindman, information technology
· Tina Mills, human resources
· Heidi Cushing, accounting
· Katrina Makey, business office
· Shelley Beguin, purchasing
· Merrie Gehrt, LPN, medical assistants
· Kristie Peterson, dietary
· Barb Shald, RHIT, health information
· Kathie King, RN, BSN, inservice, education, library, infection control, quality assessment and improvement and risk management
· Pat Wellnitz, LPN, Laboratory
· Rod Stones, maintenance and grounds
· Kathy Wright, housekeeping
· Rhonda Ferguson, laundry
· Amy Hindman, RN, ND, nursing services, respiratory therapy
· Krissa Rucker, RN, nursing home, assisted living
· Andrea Parks, RN, operating room
· Correne Wilhite, RN, pharmacy
· Anita Yardley, RN, discharge planning, cardiac rehab and utilization review
· Jody Huckfeldt, radiology
· Salena Rosane, accounts payable
“We have a solid leadership team in place who will partner with Jim to ensure that quality health care continues in our community,” Burleigh said.
McHugh has served the last fifteen years as the vice president of outpatient services and medical staff at Regional West Medical Center. While serving as interim CEO in Gordon, he will continue his role at Regional West.
McHugh began his career as a practicing licensed physical therapist and later transitioned to health care administration. At Regional West, he oversaw the development and expansion of Regional West rehabilitation services and has been integrally involved in the development of the regional trauma system. In 2005, McHugh served as the interim CEO of Garden County Health Services in Oshkosh, Neb.
Before moving to western Nebraska, he served as the vice president of clinical services at Mercy Medical Center in Durango, Colo. and as a director and consultant of rehabilitation services at hospitals in Colorado and Indiana.
McHugh earned his Master’s of Health Administration degree from the University of Colorado at Denver. He serves on the Nebraska State Trauma Advisory Board and the Panhandle Community Services Advisory Committee.
“I look forward to providing interim leadership for Gordon Memorial Hospital,” McHugh said. “By being directly involved in returning Gordon Memorial to a viable health care facility, both financially and operationally, I am acutely aware of the important role the hospital plays in the community. Gordon Memorial has great potential and is staffed with a group of highly committed professionals.”
According to Burleigh, the search will begin for a permanent CEO this month.