All employees and volunteers of Regional West Medical Center are expected to adhere to the following Standards of Behavior and recognize that every encounter offers an opportunity to provide the highest level of service to our patients and their families.
I will prevent harm to our patients and ensure the health and safety of employees and all other people while on our campuses.
- Speak up for Safety using ARCC (Ask a question, Make a request, Voice a concern, and if no success use the chain of command).
- Ask clarifying questions.
- Phonetic numeric clarification.
- Hand‐off using SBAR (Situation, Background, Assessment, Recommendation).
- Three‐way repeat backs.
- Ask always – What is in the best interest of the patient?
- Always adhere to our Red Rule – patient identification.
- Participate in safety huddles.
- Self‐check and use continuous job aides.
- STAR (Stop, Think, Act, Review), cross monitoring, and peer coaching.
- Report incidents.
- Validate & Verify.
- Put the patient first every time.
- Improve every day.
- Make safety a core value and contribute to safety solutions.
- Find and fix system problems.
- Build and reinforce accountability.
- Encourage questions.
I will collaborate in all interactions in the interest of our patients and Regional West Health Services.
- Have positive things to say about your job and your co‐workers.
- Be honest and respectful.
- Make others feel important regardless of how busy you are.
- Managing up coworkers and other departments.
- Conduct yourself in a professional and courteous manner.
- Cooperate with others despite any personal differences.
- Remove barriers and focus on solutions.
- Answering and transferring telephone calls in a prompt and professional manner.
- Focus on solutions and how you can make things better.
- Welcome challenging situations.
- Enthusiastically pursue positive outcomes.
- Promote an environment where team members are approachable and concerns can be shared.
I will demonstrate willingness to overcome circumstances to achieve desired results and accept responsibility for my performance. Accountability is not intended to be punitive; rather to achieve high performance.
- Use clear, familiar, easy to understand words.
- Make no excuses and blame no other person or department.
- Engage in peer coaching and encourage others to coach you.
- Take time to promptly follow up on concerns.
- Complete mandatory continuing education.
- Maintain licenses and certifications.
- To the best of my ability, follow through on assigned duties.
- Hold yourself to a standard that improves Regional West Health Services and encourage others to hold you accountable.
- Demonstrate courage to hold others accountable for the delivery of a positive customer experience.
- Be creative and cost efficient in the use of resources.
I will do the right thing at all times and in all circumstances. My conduct will be ethical and professional.
- What I say is what I’ll do.
- Be courteous in verbal, non‐verbal, and written communications.
- Follow Regional West and departmental policies and procedures.
- Protect privacy and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate empathy and compassion in all that I do.
- Do what is in the best interest of the customer at all times.
- Help others do the right thing.
I will contribute to the success of Regional West Health Services by giving my best each day and committing to the organization’s goals and values.
- Speak positively about organizational initiatives.
- Provide timely follow‐up and feedback.
- Welcome others.
- Use key words at key times.
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity.
- Correct issues and apologize.
- Walk lost visitors to their destination.
- Under promise and over deliver.
- Be diligent about cleanliness and safety.
- 5/10 rule.
- Utilize AIDET.
- Project a positive attitude.
- Be supportive of Regional West Health Services initiatives.