As one of only three Level II Trauma Centers in Nebraska, Regional West serves as a regional referral center for western Nebraska, eastern Wyoming, southern South Dakota, and northern Colorado. The Emergency Department is equipped with a telemedicine service, which allows Regional West physicians to consult with doctors from referring hospitals via a computer link for the evaluation of patients, and to assist with the transportation of patients to the most appropriate level of care.
Staffed by five board-certified physicians, as well as by midlevel providers, registered nurses, and a dedicated support staff, the Emergency Department sees an average of 15,000 patients annually.
- Two advanced trauma bays, approved for both pediatric and adult trauma
- One OB room
- Four general emergency rooms
- One ENT room
- One pediatric specific room
- One eye emergency room
- 24/7 critical care air ambulance service
- 24/7 advanced life support ground ambulance service